Friday, July 27, 2012

I Love Brownies

Recipe: Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Source: Joy the Baker Cookbook
Time: 50 minutes total
Ease: 2
Taste: 8
Leftover Value: 10
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

My littlest brother, Jonathan, is turning 20 tomorrow.  I think that makes me feel really old.  Even older than I felt when I turned 26.

When he saw the delicious peanut butter cake I made for my brother Joel's birthday he told me he wanted one for his birthday.

Then, he also demanded brownies.

Who wouldn't demand brownies if they knew they could get them?

Therefore, I made brownies.  Of course, only after I made the peanut butter cake.


 Brownies make life better.  Chocolate makes life better.  These brownies, certainly, made my life better.  (And, truth be told, I have one last step yet to add to them--chocolate butter cream frosting.  I promise, I'll post about that later!)


The brownies required three ounces of unsweetened chocolate.  I always forget how the not sweet taste of unsweetened chocolate makes my mouth shake repulsively.

But, after mixing the chocolate with some butter and other essential ingredients, I was ready to lick the bowl clean.

P.S. Those lumps you see, yeah, they're chocolate chips.  Chocolate with chocolate, is there anything better?


This recipe was ridiculously easy.  It called for the brownies to bake for 25-30 minutes, but mine needed to go a little longer.  I honestly wanted to take them out around 25 minutes and serve gooey chocolate bars instead of brownies at the birthday party, but I took into consideration the feelings of others.

Although, I can't believe there are people out there who don't like gooey brownies!


These brownies make me want Christmas.  I'm not sure why.

I'd settle for a cup of hot cocoa with it though...


No comments:

Post a Comment