Monday, July 9, 2012

C'est Francais Breakfast Puffs

Recipe: French Breakfast Puffs
Source: The Pioneer Woman Cooks
Time: 1 hour total
Ease: 1
Taste: 8
Leftover Value:
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!


Truth be told, the amount of French I know is limited to the words in this blog title (Truth really be told, even that I had to look up to be sure...and I'm still not convinced).

I did, however, spend a week once with my grandmother in Paris.  Therefore you can take it from me that these French breakfast puffs will give you a flair of French living, regardless if you can ooh la la or not.

They are ridiculously easy to make.


You start with some dry ingredients.


And then creamed goodness.


The recipe says that it makes 12 muffins.  I was able to get 18 regular sized muffins out of all that batter.

But, the best is yet to come.

After the muffins have finished baking you set up the assembly line from heaven.


Butter and a cinnamon/sugar mixture.  Is there anything better?

Dip each muffin into the butter.

Yup, dip them into the butter.  Get them totally coated.

Then dip them into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.


Don't feel bad if you find yourself eating two or three of these in one sitting.  Just pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy!

Leftover, I microwaved these for about 15 seconds.  They tasted as if they had just been made!



No comments:

Post a Comment