Monday, July 30, 2012

I Like Prepackaged Corn Dogs

Recipe: Classic Corn Dogs
Source: The Pioneer Woman
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/10/classic-corn-dogs-and-cheese-on-a-stick/
Time: 30 minutes total
Ease: 4
Taste: 5
Leftover Value: 3
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Down the Drain!

I've come to the conclusion that there are certain things that should not be messed with.  The classic corn dog prepackaged and frozen in the local grocery store, I've decided, can't be beat.


But, it was at least fun to try.


Who first thought of putting food on a stick?

I bet he or she was a fun person with a great personality.

I was watching Paula Deen and she had Matt Armendariz on her show.  He wrote this  book:
http://www.amazon.com/On-Stick-80-Party-Perfect-Recipes/dp/1594744890

They are all recipes on a stick!  Pretty cool idea, right?


The batter for the corn dogs had to be thick enough to coat the dog and stay put.  From the looks of this picture, it looks thick and also looks like it is staying put, right?

Wrong.  The other side of this dog tells a completely different story.

That is part of the reason I disliked this recipe.


Here's another, the batter fried a lot quicker than the dogs.


Here's another, I had to cut my skewers last minute because they were too long to fit in my pan.

And lastly, my house smelt like oil for the next five hours.

I don't like that.

But I do like corn dogs.

Just the prepackaged ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment