Friday, July 6, 2012

Orange-Chicken Rice Bowl

Recipe: Orange-Chicken Rice Bowl
Source: Kraft Food and Family Magazine
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/orange-chicken-rice-bowl-111153.aspx
Time: 30 minutes (doesn't count time to make white rice)
Ease: 2
Taste: 10
Leftover Value: 5
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

This is literally the easiest recipe I have found involving chicken.  Once you make it, it will become your go to recipe for whenever you feel like having Chinese but either a. don't want to spend money or b. don't want all the grease.

No offense to Chinese food.

Because I really do love it.

Especially the one that is less than a block away from my house.

You've heard of a dump cake, I assume.  Well, this is the dump cake of chicken dishes.  You simply fry up your chicken (I drain it after it's almost done, even though the recipe doesn't say to).  Then, throw in equal portions of orange juice and Kraft's Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing, which is absolutely marvelous.  I always use more of both than the recipe suggests because I like to drizzle my rice with the sauce.  

You finish by adding some frozen veggies and letting it cook until heated through.

It couldn't be simpler.


Or more delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment