Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Easy Chicken Caesar Wraps

Recipe: Easy Chicken Caesar Wraps
Source: The Orange Strainer
Time: 50 minutes total 
Ease: 2
Taste: 10
Leftover Value: 10
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

This heat must be getting to me.  I did not take quite as many pictures as I normally do for recipes of my own creation.  

So you will have to use your imagination.

Sorry.  Or not, because imaginations are great things.  They are a fundamental necessity for creation.  So, I'm not sorry. 

You'll need: 
-1 pound of chicken 
-Fresh parmesan
-Romaine lettuce
-Flour tortillas
-Caesar dressing

Start by cutting the chicken up into small strips.  Put the chicken into a Ziploc bag and pour half a cup (or more) of your favorite Caesar dressing on top.

Mine is Newman's Lite Caesar.  It's lite, so it's good for you.

That's what I tell myself.

By the way, while we're on the topic, what about Caesar dressing did its creator think linked it to a Roman statesman that it deserved to be named after him?

Maybe it was invented by Caesar himself.

Or, maybe it was his favorite dressing.  You know, for all the salads he ate.

Just some points to ponder.

Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for half an hour or longer.


After the chicken is done marinating, broil it on high for 5 minutes.  Flip the pieces over and broil for 5 more minutes.

When the chicken is done, allow it to cool while you wash and then tear up your romaine.


Now it's time for assembly!  Lay out a wrap.  Lay a lot of romaine lettuce in the middle of your wrap.  Using a peeler, shave a covering of parmesan cheese on top of the romaine.  


Put a lot of chicken pieces on top of that.


Pour on as much dressing as you like.  I like a lot, as you can see by the puddle already formed on my wrap.

Roll it up and enjoy.  (Hubby is a way better roller than I am, so it's a good thing for you that I didn't take a picture of what this looked like when I rolled it up.  So just imagine it rolled perfectly.  Thanks.)

If you are packing this for a meal that you will be eating hours later, don't put the dressing on until you eat it.

And that's Easy Chicken Caesar Wraps.

Deliciously delightful.

Make them today!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment