Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Chocolate Martini Bar in Buffalo, NY

As fun as it is to blog about food I've made, I think I have just as much fun writing about food I've experienced while traveling.

This first installment of travel food comes from Buffalo, NY.

Being that we were in Buffalo, NY it seemed to make sense that we needed to have Buffalo wings.  But when I saw an ad for "The Chocolate Martini Bar" it was all over.

Buffalo wings would have to be saved for another trip, another time.


I was really at a loss for words as I looked through the menu.  We had already eaten lunch on the road, so even though the chocolate bar baguette, chocolate bar pasta, and mac-n-cheese bar all looked extremely tempting, I couldn't find it in me to order a whole meal.  Instead, since we were in Buffalo and all, hubby and I decided to order Nacho Mamma's Nachos, the Buffalo chicken version. 


You know how most places you order nachos you end up getting a bundle of nachos and a skimpy portion of cheese?

Not these babies.  They were loaded with melted cheddar cheese as well as crumbled blue cheese, which usually I avoid, but it really added a nice kick to the flavor of these nachos.  The chicken was perfection, and just in case there wasn't enough Buffalo sauce, there was a side of hot sauce as well as sour cream.  (Both of which I used liberally on each and every one of the nachos I ate).

Since we kind-of-sort-of got our Buffalo fix with the nachos, it was onto what I had really come into that restaurant for.

The chocolate.

Is it sad that I could eat dessert at any time of the day?

I think not.


Hubby  has such great taste and vision for ordering chocolate.  He ordered the Belgian Chocolate Mousse Cake.  All I can say is with Belgian Chocolate, mousse, and chocolate ganache... there is no way to go wrong!


I was extremely interested in their "Amazing Hot Chocolates".  The best hot chocolate I've ever had was at
Eleven Madison Park in NYC.  This was a close second.  The chocolate was thick, creamy, with the perfect whipped cream to mug ratio.  I went with the Famous Hot Chocolate, but they also had Aztec, Caramel and Sea Salt, and Alpine White to choose from.


I also got the Chocolate Fusion.  That dark bottom layer is fudge brownie, topped with Belgian chocolate cheesecake.  Yes, cheesecake.  That is then topped with dark and light chocolate mousse.  I was high on chocolaty goodness.  And yes, it was as thick and heavy as it looks.  Sadly, I couldn't eat the whole thing.  I was very ashamed of myself.  

Oh, and see that tiny little eclair.  That was an explosion of perfection.  The cream was so cool and sweet.  I definitely could have eaten a whole plateful of just eclairs.

And then, of course, have my cake after.  

The worst part of this restaurant was leaving.  Knowing that there were so many wonders that I was leaving behind without trying.  Like the Flight of 3 Cupcakes, the Mocha Crepes, the Chocolate Satin Truffle, the Chocolate Brownie Explosion, and, well, I'd better just stop now before I get in the car to drive seven hours back to Buffalo.


No comments:

Post a Comment