Monday, December 29, 2014

Recipe #54: French Breakfast Puffs

Recipe: French Breakfast Puffs
Time: 50 minutes
Ease: 3
Taste: 10
Leftover Value: 10
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

IMG_1669

The word "puffs" is deceiving.  To me, it indicates that this is a light breakfast item.

While I could possibly eat two in one sitting, they are certainly not light items and therefore do not fall under the "puff" category to me.

A few items I consider to be "puffs": popcorn, croissants, cream 'puffs'*, rice cakes

*Shocker, right? 

Because these sugar muffins are delicious, I won't fault PW over the name.  I just wanted to make sure you understood they aren't as light and airy as they sound.

If you aren't into carbs for breakfast, you might want to save these for dessert.  Me, I'm perfectly fine with it.  In fact, my body craves pastries, bagels, muffins, and all other carb-a-licious items during the a.m. hours.

These muffins are so easy to make and so long as you can get over the fact that they are DIPPED IN BUTTER in the final step they might just become a household breakfast item.

IMG_1666

The thought of butter dipped muffins first excited me, and then it bothered me. But when I realized that it essentially boils down to one tablespoon of butter per muffin, I decided it wasn't quite so horrible after all.

IMG_1668

These muffins are like having cake for breakfast....or a cinnamon sugar Auntie Anne's pretzel.  Yum!  But the name has 'breakfast' in there, so it's okay.

IMG_1670

The best part is that they are fabulous left over and apparently, according to PW, they freeze well.  That means a less hectic morning for me and the possibility of enjoying a breakfast that isn't in the form of a Cliff bar when I'm back at work and on the go.

Note: I just discovered that I blogged about these little beauties over two years ago!

1 comment:

  1. Funny, your previous post rated them as easier, but not as yummy.

    ReplyDelete