Sunday, December 28, 2014

Recipe #53: Marlboro Man's Sandwich

Recipe: Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich 
Time: 25 minutes
Ease: 1
Taste: 7
Leftover Value: 7
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

Though this is the 53rd recipe review of the 65 recipes in The Pioneer Woman Cooks, I am happy to report that I have finished my recipe challenge made on October 17th, 2014. I finished a day later than my goal of December 25th and was smacking myself for all the days that I pushed off making recipes that I had scheduled out on my menu.

More on all that, my favorite recipes, and the overall experience to come as soon as I have blogged about all the recipes!

IMG_1675

I did not have high hopes for the Marlboro Man sandwich.  As I mentioned before, Hubby isn't a fan of cube steak. So, I'm going to confess that I while I did use cube steak for this recipe, I also mixed in a little thinly sliced steak to try to fool Hubby.

It turns out I really didn't need to.  Cube steak fried in butter with onions apparently is absolutely amazing--who knew?

The best part was that this recipe was finished in under a half hour.  PW gets a bit excessive with the butter by having you spread butter on the roll and brown it on a griddle--so I'm again going to confess that I was a.) in a hurry and b.) feeling a little health conscious and therefore I eliminated that step.

I am certain it would have made the sandwich that much more amazing.

Especially since I used deli rolls that had been chilling* in my freezer for a few months.  They would have benefited from a healthy, buttery toasting.

*Literally!

IMG_1684

This sandwich is like a fancy one-minute steak sandwich---one that takes around twenty minutes to make.  But do yourself a favor and make sure to buy fresh rolls.  Frozen rolls are simply insulting to this beautiful sandwich.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Going to have to try this one out when my hubby comes back home. :)

    ReplyDelete