Friday, August 3, 2012

My New Favorite Website: Beanilla

I recently found myself in need of authentic vanilla beans.  I know this is a typical occurrence for you too. 

I did not trust my local supermarket to a.) have a decent price on vanilla beans or b.) have vanilla beans; so I went to the next best thing: the internet.  What I found was a magical website filled with a vast variety of vanilla beans that made my head spin and jump off with excitement both at the same time.

Behold Beanilla.

I ordered the Madagascar Vanilla Beans, but was oh so tempted to buy their sampler that had three beans of nine different types (including Tahitian, Mexican, and Indonesian).  But, I then pictured what my husband would say when he found my stash.

I was extremely impressed with this company.  I sent in my order on Monday night and received it Thursday.

In addition to their promptness, their packaging made me feel very comfortable.


First, notice the big GLASS sticker on the side of the box.


Now note the bubble wrap around the glass vile and the foam packing peanuts.

And also note how much bigger the box is than the enclosed vial.


I was really worried about ordering vanilla beans off the internet.  I was scared I would receive a beat up manila envelope containing a Ziploc bag packed with three shady "beans".

Imagine my delight.  This totally cute glass vial was just the icing on the cake.

The vanilla bean icing, that is.



No comments:

Post a Comment