Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Ragu, Won't You?

Recipe: Fettuccine Primavera
Source: Ragu!
Time: 30 minutes total
Ease: 1
Taste: 7
Leftover Value: 4
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

I've been doing my best to incorporate more veggies into my life.  This is hard, especially when veggies aren't half as exciting as a good piece of meat or pasta.  (Pasta is my life.  I could eat it day and night.  That and potatoes.  Unfortunately, hubby refuses to count potatoes as a vegetable).

Also, I'm always in the market for a quick and easy meal.  With the new school year coming up, this is a must have for my school nights.


This recipe consists of 6 cups of veggies, so I figure it's a good start.  I used about two cups of a frozen mixture of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower (ugh, I know--but in this recipe it's not so bad), an extra cup of frozen broccoli, a cup of zucchini, a cup of yellow squash, and a cup of green pepper.


Hello Ragu.  I love Ragu sauces.  They are my favorite, that I'm willing to pay for.  I always feel bad buying jar sauce because I know I can make my own.

But it's just so much easier to let a jar do all the work for you.


Here's where I changed the recipe a little.  Don't worry, it isn't in any fashion that will horribly alter the universe.  Instead of warming the sauce on the side to serve with the veggies, I just tossed it in as the veggies continued to cook.


Then sprinkled some basil on top.


Yum!

My fettuccine noodles were not working for me today.  They boiled all wrong and got all stuck together when I made them sit and think about what they'd done.

Don't be like me.  Boil your noodles correctly.


And also, do not be like me and get sauce on your new shirt and comfy sweatpants.  That is just a total bummer.


But do make this.  Because it is so effortless and delicious.  Fresh (okay, some fresh, some frozen) veggies, with yummy sauce (that you didn't have to make) and pasta.

I can't think of anything that says school night better.

No comments:

Post a Comment