Monday, August 13, 2012

Egg-less Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe: Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: http://www.food.com/recipe/eggless-chocolate-chip-cookies-58919?scaleto=6&mode=null&st=true
Time: 55 minutes total
Ease: 1
Taste: 5
Leftover Value:10
Down the Drain or Keep it in the Strainer: Depends*

*If you're looking for traditional chocolate chip cookies, they fail.  However, if you are a fan of shortbread or butter cookies, these are awesome.


I don't ordinarily search specifically for recipes that take out common baking ingredients such as eggs.  However, I occasionally like to butter up (pun intended) my hubby's boss, and because of her religion she cannot eat anything that has eggs in it.  So, anytime I find a promising recipe that doesn't have eggs in it, I put it in the back of my mind to make one day for her.

It had been some time since I sent in some boss goodies and I thought it needed to happen before I go back to work and lose the desire to cook for even myself.  I searched high and low for what I thought might be the best egg-less treat.

I first thought apple pie, but then I decided I would wait until fall for that.  (By the way, can I tell you how excited I am for the fall?)

Enter in egg-less chocolate chip cookies.

The number one thing that I liked about this recipe was that there were six ingredients (seven for you if you choose to add pecans).  The second thing I liked about making this recipe was that I had already taken some butter out to soften, so when I had committed to making these, the butter was perfectly ready.


The recipe calls to make these cookies big.  And I suppose you could ignore the recipe and make them smaller, but they really come out beautifully in the size the recipe calls for.

I doubled the recipe which is why you see 12 cookies and not 6.  Just thought I should clear that up.


The 45 minute cooking time seemed a bit much, but it was definitely necessary.

If you're a soft cookie lover, these aren't for you.  They are crunchy, but the chocolate chips add a little softness to the crunch.  They would go perfectly with a cappuccino or hot cup o' Joe.


This was the first time I ever made perfectly circular non-flat chocolate chip cookies.  Usually my chocolate chip cookies deflate within moments out of the oven.

I felt a little happy inside about this.


Not only do I bake for the boss, but I make sure it gets to work with excellent presentation.


When you make these, promise me you'll pack them up for all your friends and neighbors just like this.

As long as you don't eat them all first.  With only 6 per batch, it is a little hard to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment