Friday, November 16, 2012

Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes

Recipe: Moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake--Mini Style!
Source: Taste of Home
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Moist-Pumpkin-Bundt-Cake
Time: Approximately 1 hour, so long as you don't make your own pumpkin puree first.
Ease: 3
Taste: 7
Leftover Value: 10
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

By now, you know of my pumpkin puree mission and also of my pumpkin puree failure.  In a flash, here's what it looks like:










Failure photo removed for your safety.







Whew, thank goodness that's over with.  

Before the pumpkin puree failure of two days ago, I made pumpkin puree with these bad boys in mind:


And of course, there is a reason behind them as well.  I decided to make all my Thanksgiving desserts this year mini.  So I thought, 'What on earth is cuter than mini bundt cakes?"

The answer?

Nothing.  Except maybe mini cheese cakes.  Or mini trifles.  Or mini cinnamon rolls.

But more on that later.

This was the first recipe I found when looking for pumpkin bundt cake recipes.  Then I convinced myself that there had to be a better one out there somewhere.  After a very unfortunate amount of wasted time searching, I decided my first instincts had been best.

If you make this bundt cake in a regular bundt cake pan, it will take about an hour to bake.  However, in the mini bundt pan, it takes about 15 minutes per batch.

And please, whatever you do, don't forget to grease the pan on the last batch.  It isn't a pretty situation to deal with.


What I especially loved about these cakes is that they are just as good the next day as they were fresh.  In fact, I'm planning to make them again today, and then freeze them and see how they fare on Thanksgiving.

Yes, I know, I probably do not need to freeze them for the six days until Thanksgiving but I have serious leftover issues.

Please don't judge me.

The only negative, and the reason I gave them a 7 for taste, is that I felt there was something missing.  The missing elements is what I'm titling, 'The Streusel Effect'.  A streusel typically involves some kind of delightfully crumbly, buttery topping.  However, they also tend to have a cinnamon, sugar, and butter mixture hidden somewhere.

Next time I make these pumpkin bundts, my plan is to make the cinnamon-sugar-butter mixture and toss it in the middle of the batter.

I'm beside myself with excitement to see how it turns out.  


No comments:

Post a Comment