Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Egg-less Chocolate Chip Cookies: Take Two

Recipe: Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: All Recipes
Time: 40 minutes
Ease: 2
Taste: 9*
Leftover Value: 10*
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer:

*Hubby says they have a strange after taste.  I say that Hubby is the strange one.



Egg-less cookies are no stranger to the Orange Strainer.  You might recall my post last year about egg-less cookies I made for Hubby's boss:

Last year's egg-less chocolate chip cookies

For the same reason, a combined effort of needing to busy myself with baking and wanting to send a little treat to Hubby's boss/coworkers, I baked up another batch of egg-less cookies.  This recipe was a little different as it involved the use of yogurt.

Can I take a moment to say that this is my favorite use for yogurt, ever?  Substituting it for sour cream with nachos/tacos is probably my second favorite.  Eating it by itself is just gross.


I used Greek yogurt because that's the kind of yogurt I had in my refrigerator.  You can use whatever you want.  I've even used cherry yogurt to give my cookies a cherry flavor.  Yum!

But enough with the healthier ingredients.

Thank heavens there is some of this goodness involved:


I don't think I could live with myself if I found butter-less cookies.


Cream brown sugar, white sugar, butter, and shortening together.

One of my favorite sights:


Add the yogurt:


and the vanilla:


Stir to combine.


Combine flour, baking soda, and salt:


and mix into the creamy mixture until smooth.

Dump in the chocolate chips,


and exercise all the restraint within you to abandon the idea of making cookies and take the mixing bowl and a spoon to the couch and watch reruns of Real Housewives of New Jersey*

*Note: I never** watch Real Housewives of New Jersey, it just seemed the proper show to insert there.

**Note: Seriously, never.

The recipe says to grease some cookie sheets, but I discovered the miracle that is parchment paper last year and since then it's been no turning back.

At $5 a roll, it's money well spent.

1. My pans are always clean.

2. My cookies never need to be scraped off the pan.

That, my friends, is a win win situation.


It has been my attempt in life to find chocolate chip cookie recipes where my cookies do not come out flat as a pancake.

I think we have success:


They are perfect!  No pancakes here.

Although, pancakes are starting to sound good right about now...


You would never know that there aren't any eggs in them.  That is, of course, aside from the imagined after taste that Hubby says they have.

My favorite part of baking for others is coming up with a cute way to package my yummies.


Cookies make everything better.

Even a long day at the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment