Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Slow-Cooker is My Friend

Recipe: Slow-Cooker Sweet-and-Sour Brisket
Time: 5 minutes prep time, 5-10 hours in the slow cooker
Ease: 1
Taste: 8
Leftover Value: 6
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

My friend Traci gave me this recipe one day as I was in her kitchen commenting on the delicious aroma that was wafting gently through the air.  She instantly gave me the recipe and told me that it was ridiculously easy.  

Slow-cooker recipes are usually like that.  

That's why I love my slow-cooker.

(Slow-cooker or crock pot?  What name do you like more for referring to such a home appliance?)

Lucky for you, I found the recipe listed online.  

By the way, I'm really not sure the 'rules' about typing out a recipe that is from a cookbook, so I'll always let you know the source/cookbook.  If I can find the recipe online, I'll give you that link as well.

I was so hungry, I almost didn't take this picture.

Traci was right, slow-cooker sweet-and-sour brisket was ridiculously easy and filled with such incredible flavor.  Before this, I'd never had brisket before, but seeing that it was red meat, I knew I'd be in love.

I like to serve it with bow ties because it reminds me of my mother's goulash that we always eat with bow ties.  The meat looks mighty fancy on top of bow ties, doesn't it?

My favorite part of a good slow-cooker recipe is leaving the house for a few hours and then coming back just a little before it is done.  Before I'm even in the front door the scent has coated the porch and I'm already drooling.


My brother and his fiance came over to enjoy the delicious brisket.  I decided since I didn't have more pictures of the brisket, I'd show you some happy faces eating.

Joel looks pretty good, I guess.

Mallory wasn't quite ready for the camera though.


There we go!  A little over dramatic, but I'll take it!




No comments:

Post a Comment