Monday, June 25, 2012

Blueberries and Sour Cream



Recipe: Wild Blueberry-Sour Cream Muffins
Source: The Old Farmer's Almanac: Everyday Recipes
Time: 30 minutes total
Ease: 2
Taste: 8
Leftover Value: 10
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the strainer!

I'm supposed to go blueberry picking at some point this summer.  I had hoped to have fresh blueberries hand picked with love from a local farm for the first time I made this recipe.  Unfortunately, I had to go with farm fresh blueberries packaged up at our local farmer's market instead.


Same thing, they just weren't picked with love.

This recipe is fantastic.  But then again, what recipe including sour cream isn't fantastic?  It gives that perfect amount of moisture to any baked delight.

And to think that I wrinkled my nose to sour cream during my years as a youngster.


What I particularly love about the page this recipe is found on is that on the opposite page there is a section that gives a formula for making "Muffins As You Like Them".  So, you could choose to make an awesome recipe like the Wild Blueberry-Sour Cream Muffins, or you could create your own masterpiece of a muffin recipe.

More to come on that later, perhaps.

The recipe for the blueberry muffins was simple and quick to do.  If you're being leisurely, perhaps it could take you 45 minutes total, but being leisurely is totally overrated for me.

The recipe said it yields 12 muffins.  I made 12 muffins, plus had enough batter left over to make about 12 mini muffins.

Mini muffins are good.  They have less calories, even if you end up eating exactly 10 zillion of them, like I did.

Shhh, that's our little secret.


No comments:

Post a Comment