Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sauteed Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Lemon-Garlic Sauce

Recipe: Sauteed Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Lemon-Garlic Sauce
Time: 20 minutes
Ease: 2
Taste: 7
Leftover Value: No leftovers!
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

If you are anything like me, you've begun to face the summer refusal towards cooking dinner.  There always seems to come a point during the summer, usually after we've had a straight week of almost 100-degree days (oh wait, that was the start of summer until now), that something within me rebels against the notion of cooking dinner.  The thought of standing closer than ten feet to a hot stove makes me want to gag and so I revolt and refuse to cook anything more complicated than a half hour of my time.

It hasn't helped that we were spoiled by a trip to Vegas for the first week of summer, and then the second week Hubby was away for business so I barely cooked because it was just me.  This led to an extremely early start to the lack of excitement over cooking dinner.

If you're anything like me, you'll love this following meal because it is a 20-minute meal with hardly any prep and minimal clean up.

IMG_8678

This recipe was one of those ad recipes for 'Pork: Be Inspired'.  I try not to wrinkle my nose too quickly to ad recipes because occasionally there are some winners.  

However, there are many, many losers.

I put off making this recipe for a while because of that reason.  I ended up making it on a night that I didn't realize Hubby was already headed home from work and I was slowly turning into my alter-ego: 'Jessica B' who has blood shot eyes, frizzy hair, a growl in her stomach, and the inability to perceive right from wrong.

So I was sure this recipe was going to stink and that it would be 9:00 pm before Jessica B disappeared and I was make to my normal self.

I only had pork chops on hand, rather than a pork tenderloin as the recipe calls for, but I made it work.  I sliced my pork chops into strips, seasoned them, then browned them in the skillet.

The sauce that follows is ridiculously easy and so delicious.  If only everyday life could be as simple and satisfying as white wine, chicken broth, garlic, and lemons. 

IMG_8687

I served mine with egg noodles and broccoli and I highly recommend that you do too.  The lemony garlic sauce poured over the noodles is addicting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment