Monday, July 14, 2014

Must Have Mini Burgers

Recipe: Pan-Fried Baby Bacon Cheeseburgers 
Source: The Picky Palate Cookbook
(Note: This recipe is not listed online however, a similar baby bacon cheeseburger recipe is found here:)
Time: 25 minutes
Ease: 2
Taste: 7
Leftover Value: 6
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Keep it in the Strainer!

Last year, Hubby bought The Picky Palate Cookbook as a last-day-of-school gift for me.  

Isn't he so cute?  Although just yesterday we realized that this year he didn't buy me a last-day-of-school gift.  What was he thinking?

Oh yeah, that's right.  He was thinking we had a wedding to drive to twelve hours away in Indiana and then a trip to Las Vegas.  I guess I'll forgive him.

I keep a running wishlist on www.Amazon.com of any cookbooks that I find interesting either from other bloggers, Food Network stars/shows, or ones I find while browsing at Barnes and Noble.  Picky Palate was recommended by The Pioneer Woman, and if you've read this blog for some time now, you know how much I adore her and her amazing recipes.

While I don't dislike this cookbook, I'm finding it isn't exactly related to the type of cooking I like to do.  Let's face it, it is titled "PICKY" Palate.  I've tried to be anything but that with the meals I have prepared for the last five or so years.

I've found this to be a good book to use when I'm making dinner with my brother, Jonathan.  Though he doesn't exactly have a picky palate, the meals are usually simple enough that he actually enjoys cooking with me and/or watching me cook.  

IMG_7141

The burgers are pretty basic with their makeup consisting of: beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings.  The above recipe link is a little more exciting with zesty and intriguing ingredients like Ranch dressing, paprika, and hot sauce.

IMG_7147

Aren't they so cute?!

Nope, never thought I would call a hamburger cute.  I've called donuts cute before, but never burgers.

I like it.

IMG_7158

Ordinarily I am not a fan of onion in my burger.  I find it is always too crunchy and that I could easily achieve an onion flavor by simply adding onion powder.  With these burgers, I barely knew the onion was there.  I'm going to chalk that up to their petite size.

IMG_7163

Oh my goodness, I love these.  I know it has more than likely 80 percent to do with the fact that they are mini and not the fact that they actually taste good, but I don't care.

Try the above recipe link, The Picky Palate Cookbook, or even turning your own favorite hamburger recipe into a mini one today.  You'll thank me later for the joy and excitement that a mini burger brought into your life.

By the way...you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment