Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hello Stomach, Are You There?

instaquote-28-01-2015-20-24-12 (1)

Here is where my human side comes out to play.

Earlier this week I should have blogged about our first week challenge: Listen to your internal cues and stop eating when you feel full.

This week, we should have begun the second challenge: Do not eat any food products that are labeled as "low-fat", "lite", "light", "reduced fat", "nonfat".

Only the problem is that while grocery shopping this weekend, Hubby bought enough low-fat yogurt to feed a family of two. Enough yogurt that expires well before the remaining twelve weeks of challenge would occur. I told him not to worry, that I would just switch the weeks around again.

And then I didn't.

It wasn't an I-forgot-to-do-that kind of thing. It was an I-know-deep-inside-I-failed-miserably-and-must-make-it-right kind of thing. If the first challenge gave me difficulty, I knew I was going to have to strive harder to endure fourteen weeks of stacking challenges.

Listen to your internal cues and stop eating when you feel full.

Not gonna lie, that is a difficult thing to do, especially when you really truly deeply appreciate food, as I do. I don't necessarily eat just to eat, but I eat to awaken my mouth with flavors and to immerse myself into experiencing the variety of choices in what is available to eat and how it can be eaten. 

*I also eat so as to not turn into a much less glamorous version of myself known as my hungry alter ego, Jessica "B". 

Add onto that the fact that I am American and bigger is better here, and you might understand why it might take more than a week to remember to scale back when filling my plate at dinner time.

If none of this makes sense to you, God bless you.

If you are nodding your head along with this post, God bless you, too.


That all said, the first challenge is being played again this week. So far, I'm losing but I am convinced that as more challenges are tacked on I will finally get into the swing of adjusting my life to fit my new eating habits, rather than adjusting my eating habits to fit my life.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment