Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Muffins

Recipe: Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Muffins
Time: 40 minutes
Ease: 2
Taste: 4
Leftover Value: 6
Down the Drain or Keep in the Strainer: Down the Drain!
 
During summer, I seek out anything that slightly resembles s'mores.  My thoughts when I saw these muffins were: graham crackers are used in s'mores, chocolate is used in s'mores, so this must be like a s'mores muffin minus the marshmallows.
 
No, I am not the most logical person.  Regardless, these should have been somewhat satisfying, but sadly--they weren't.  
 
IMG_9365
 
I added extra chocolate chips, a lot of extra chocolate chips, but it still didn't make these worth making again, let alone eating more than one.
 
That's a little bit of a lie.  I did eat two.  After all, I had to be able to rate their "leftover value", and I do always secretly hope that baked goods that don't hit the spot while fresh will somehow magically transform as they cool into something of value.  I did, however, rank their leftover value higher than their taste because they tasted basically the same the second day as they did fresh.
 
IMG_9381
 
There were crushed graham crackers in the dough and the topping.  Usually these streusel-like toppings add to the splendor of a baked good--I mean, how can you argue with sugar and butter mixed together and plopped on top of chocolate and cake?  I don't know if it was the amount of flour or a lack of butter and sugar but I wasn't impressed.  It was sticky and chunky, but not at all the buttery sugar crunch it should have been.

 
IMG_9376

I'm remaining optimistic though.  I'm sure somewhere there might exist the perfect s'mores muffin.

Maybe one day I might even attempt it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment