Saturday, January 19, 2013

Trendy Owls

I'm not sure when this everything-owl craze started, but I certainly didn't wait even a minute to jump on board.  After all, there are clearly only three animals that can be truly defined as cute.  

1. Pigs; naturally.  

2. Elephants; the baby elephant in The Jungle Book?  Exactly.

And lastly, thanks not only to current trends, but also their natural wide-eyed adorable nature, 

3. Owls

When I saw these plates on Amazon.com, I knew they needed to be mine.


I could drop probably $300 a day on any random assortment of kitchen items and cookbooks I find while searching through Amazon.  Since I know that about myself, these went onto my wishlist.


Like a few other random items that have sat on my list for quite some time, I thought for sure that they had become unavailable and that I would have to accept the fate of living life without them.

Then Christmas morning came and my awesome SIL, Sam, gifted them to me.


And all was right in the world.

Now here is the sadness that I must relay to you.  They are sold out everywhere now:
Tag
Amazon

The good news is, Tag still has a cute owl cookie jar available.  I think I'll add it to my Amazon wishlist... along with about a dozen other owl related items.


By the way, these little owl salt and pepper shakers were from my brother.  He didn't even know about the owl dishes.  I'd say it's fate, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment